1. NAME OF THE ASSOCIATIONThe name of the Association shall be "NORTH EAST CRUISER RACING ASSOCIATION" hereafter referred to as the Association.
2. OBJECTThe objects of the Association shall be to:
- Promote and arrange yacht racing,
- Solicit sponsors for:
- Individual races
- Race series,
- Arrange social events for Association members,
- Arrange lectures,
- Establish relationships with similar organisations both regional and national.
The following who subscribe to the object of the Association are eligible to make application for membership.
- CLUBS - yacht and sailing clubs, who are members of the Royal Yachting Association, who will promote amongst their members membership of the Association, and participation in events organised by the body. Such members shall be known as MEMBER CLUBS.
- MEMBERS - boat owners who are members of a club recognised by the Royal Yachting Association. Such members shall be known as FULL SAILING MEMBERS.
- TEMPORARY MEMBERS - visiting yachtsmen who wish to race in a particular event. Such members shall be known as TEMPORARY MEMBERS.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBERS - individuals who crew on a full sailing members boat. Such members shall be known as ASSOCIATE MEMBERS.
Applicant for membership should complete the Association Registration form and return it to the Association's Secretary.
Application for Temporary Membership may be approved by a member of the Management Committee.
The Association's Secretary shall maintain a Register of Memberships.
The Association reserves the right to decline application for membership.
The officers of the Association shall consist of the following:-
- Vice Chairman
All officers are Honorary.
The officers shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting of members.
The Association shall be managed by a committee consisting of:
- The officers of the Association
- A representative from each Club.
An officer of the Association may, with the approval of a member club, represent the club. The officers will not be required to be an officer or member of the club he represents.
Each officer and club representative shall have one vote. In the case of an officer representing a member club he will be the club's proxy.
The Chairman shall have, in addition, a casting vote in the event of a tie.
Three members shall form a quorum.
The Management Committee may co-opt members for specific duties or tasks. Co-opt Members shall have no vote.
At a General Meeting of members:
- MEMBER CLUBS shall have 5 votes, to be cast by a Club member authorised to vote on behalf of the Club.
- FULL SAILING MEMBERS who have participated in three events in the previous 12 months shall have 1 vote.
- TEMPORARY AND ASSOCIATE MEMBERS shall have no vote.
In the event of a tie the Chairman shall have a casting vote.
7. FEES & SUBSCRIPTIONS
Fees and Subscriptions for each Class of members shall be determined by the Management Committee prior to the Annual General Meetlng of members.
The Management Committee shall meet at least four times in a calendar year.
The Management Committee shall arrange a General Meeting of members in the autum of each year.
Members representing one-third of the total voting right of the Association may require the Management Committee to call an Extraordinary Meeting of members.
The application for an Extraordinary Meeting should specify the matters to be discussed and contain the signature of each member supporting the application.
The Management Committee will be required to call a meeting within 28 days of receiving the application.
9. CLASS CAPTAIN
Each Class should appoint a Class Captain to liaise with the Management Committee on racing matters.
10. RATING & RACING RULES
Rating and Racing Rules shall be determined by the Committee.
11. ALTERATIONS TO THE CONSTITUTION
Proposals for amending or adding to the Constitution shall be submitted in writing to the Association Secretary at least 4 weeks prior to the Annual General Meeting of members.
A majority of 60% of votes cast at the meeting will be required to approve amendments and additions to the Constitution.
The financial year of the Association will be the calendar year.