MINUTES OF SECOND NECRA AGM HELD AT THYC ON 3RD DECEMBER 2008
- 1. The meeting was opened by the retired Chairman, Larry Wilkinson at 2000.
- 2. There was a large attendance (too numerous to list) and no notifications of apologies for absence.
- 3. The retired chairman gave an overview of the occurrences at the previous AGM held on 4th October. Basically, there had been limited attendance and and no volunteers for the Executive Committee, apart from the Secretary, who was duly elected so the meeting was closed.
- 4. The retired chairman then went on to give a report on the state of NECRA in 2008. Both membership and on the water competitors had been similar to previous years, which was, although not abundant, adequate. However, there was only one volunteer for the executive committee and little drive there. He wished to know if there was still a requirement for NECRA. He opened the debate to the floor.
- 5. The floor were of the opinion that NECRA was still required and this was backed up by the large attendance. However, the direction it should take was unclear. It was agreed that more people were travelling to distant events and that NECRA could not compete with large events in Scotland or the south coast. However, there was still a small nucleus who wished to race locally and wanted an offshore programme, if only on a limited basis.
- 6. After much debating, it was considered that the most favourable programme for NECRA would be:
- a. One inshore regatta including the resurrection of the inter-club competition.
- b. Approximately 4 coastal races.
- 7. Election of Officers - the debate for the election of officers went on all evening with nobody willing to take on any roles.
Harry Sissling (WYC) (not able to attend) had made it known to the Secretary that he was willing to take on the Chairman's or the Treasurer's job,
but not both, so the discussion then went on to persuade somebody to take on the vacant role, whichever that might be.
The eventual decision was as follows:
a. Chairman - Harry Sissling (WYC).
- b. Treasurer - Stuart Armstrong (THYC), with appropriate tutoring from the outgoing Treasurer, Harold Usherwood.
- c. Secretary - Nigel Robinson (WYC) (voted in at the previous AGM).
- 8. The meeting closed at 2130.