Thursday 30th March 2006
PresentLarry, Lisa, Nick, John, Colin, Harold, David, Ken
Welcometo David Wheldon and Peter Stenner
- Lifejackets for sports boats - see NESS regs
- Sports boat class for offshore - NO
- Should sports boats be able to change class in order to sail inshore sports boat and class one offshore - YES, treat each series as an entity
- Number of vessels for a class? 3 boats to form a race but can be from 3 different classes.
- Advertising is at Cat C
Sunderland YC proposalRaised by SYC sailing comm. SYC reduce their racing to support NECRA. Several pros and cons were discussed. After much discussion it was decided to leave the programme as it is. Next year we need to closely check this situation to avoid this problem again.
RegistrationsLots of new boats, 35 registrations, 13 from RNYC, very positive.
NESSLots of issues associated with the implementation of what was agreed at the last meeting. PS and DW have stepped in to try to rectify and simplify safety regs.
Reviewed NESS 2002 regs and also the ISAF regs. Logic to try and make the regs fair for the vessels that compete in each class.
There are certain regs that apply to actual structure, these are direct from ISAF but they will mostly be down graded to strongly recommended (SR).
Safety officers want to check equipment NOT structure.
ISAF 5 has been scaled up as it was seen as inadequate for this coast. It is now more in line with cat 4. Both 5 and 4 will be required to carry additional equipment for overnight races. See separate document for details.
Updated version to be finalised by NESS and published via the NECRA website and individual club websites.
Choice of classesVessels can enter a class for a series. E.g. Sports boats can race under class 1 for offshore and sports boats for inshore series. This is decided at the beginning of the season.
The vessels will have to meet the required safety standards.
- Review complete
- TCF access to be on website for all to see
- Progress being made with measuring equipment
- Rating rule has been reviewed - now metric
- Publication of website imminent
- All vessels to be issued a measurement certificate
- A measurement certificate shall be carried on board
Prize giving7th October ok
Notice of race
- safety now in hand
- races to count as agreed
- class boundaries now received from NERR
- class numbers already discussed
- scoring will be in line with RRS Appendix A (low points)
- DNC for an inshore race will be the number in the regatta class + 1
- DNC for inshore race days will be the number of in the series in that class + 1
- Race instructions publish 14 days ahead on the web and also displayed on club notice boards. Competitors can collect in the club when they enter.
- Publish start of May
- Include spring series (Lisa to do)
- Also include a general update
WebsiteDiscussion board now being used
Larry would like other committee members to contribute to replies
AOBNECRA mark can be used for RNYC sports boat regatta If repairs need making to the mark Lisa should organise this
Bass rock / Farne's race (majority of NECRA comm are in favour of a bass rock race)
Members meeting due April - in constitution. Decision taken to not hold this year as registration well established. Also concern about attendance ( eg last AGM).
Financial report on next agenda.
Bridge operation change at Whitby. Every weekend extra bridge at 09:30 and also an evening bridge. This will not be all year.
Start times of events needed. Club reps check and feed back to Larry.
We often revisit topics. This will continue until we are happy with issues.